Cleantech Market Intelligence
The Research Associate position requires supporting our team of energy market research analysts in most of their duties. Associates assist in syndicated market research and custom research projects for clients through a variety of tasks including performing internet research by accessing company financial filings, government reports, media reports, press releases, subscription databases, and other sources.
Assignments vary in scope and can be anywhere from 2 hours to 2 weeks in duration. Associates operate largely independently in completing tasks, so versatility, resourcefulness, and an ability to work with minimal oversight while producing high quality research are essential. The position can also involve taking primary responsibility for creating and maintaining databases, such as trackers or databases of government incentives and regulations. Complexity of tasks, including interfacing with clients and presenting findings will increase based on performance. The Research Associate position will prepare the individual for promotion to Analyst or Consulting position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Internet Research
- Data Collection/Analysis
- Report Writing/Editing (MS Word)
- Spreadsheet Creation (MS Excel)
- Market analysis and forecasting
- Planning/Collaboration with Analysts
- Phone interviews of industry participants
- Interface with clients
Orientation for the position includes an introduction to the office environment, other staff members, and Navigant Research’s business model, methodology and processes. Training includes in-depth, day-to-day coaching on best practices for market research data gathering and analysis. Evaluation sessions will be conducted monthly, with more informal two-way feedback discussions on an ongoing basis. The Market Research Associate will have the opportunity to work closely with other highly experienced research analysts within the company.
- Undergraduate degree with concentration in business analytics, engineering, or environmental sciences preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in energy-related industry including green buildings, transportation, energy generation, or the distribution grid, preferred
- Written and oral communications
- Organized and self-Starter
- Business writing and blogging
- Analytic skills (data modeling/statistics)
- Social media
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
This position is based in our Boulder, Colorado or Washington, DC office.
Please click the link below to apply for this position through our corporate Careers system.