Cleantech Market Intelligence
Industry Analyst, Cleantech
Navigant Research is seeking industry analysts to author reports on a contractual project basis, with the potential to transition to a full-time position in the future. The research process includes a series of executive interviews with industry participants, synthesis of secondary research information, and creation of quantitative models and forecasts for the sector being covered. Our clients include technology and energy companies, government agencies, industry associations, and the investor community.
Candidates should have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Renewable energy (solar, wind, etc.)
- Bioenergy (biofuels, biogas, biomass power, etc.)
- Smart grid technologies (AMI/smart meters for electric/gas/water, microgrids, smart energy for homes and buildings, smart grid IT systems, utility communications networks, utility and smart grid data analytics, V2G, etc.)
- Electricity transmission systems (FACTS, HVDC, transmission power electronics, synchrophasors, etc.)
- Distribution automation (solid state transformers, outage management systems, conservation voltage reduction, advanced protective relays, Volt/VAR control, etc.)
- Advanced batteries and energy storage (EV batteries, lithium ion batteries, battery management systems, ultracapacitors, UPS, etc.)
- Combined heat and power (CHP or cogeneration) for residential, commercial, and industrial markets
- Energy management (home area networks, home energy management, smart thermostats, energy management systems for commercial and industrial markets, data center energy management, etc.)
- Building efficiency (green building, building automation and control systems, building energy management systems, ESCOs, utility energy efficiency programs, etc.)
- Energy efficient lighting (LED lighting, high-bay commercial lighting, advanced architectural lighting, lighting controls, DC powered commercial lighting, outdoor lighting systems, residential energy efficient lighting, LED lighting for vertical markets, etc.
- Energy efficiency and energy management for vertical markets (healthcare, hospitality, retail, SMB markets, etc.)
- Industrial energy technologies (industrial control systems, energy management for industrial markets, inverters, sensor networking, energy efficient manufacturing, etc.)
- Clean transportation (hybrid, electric, biofuels, natural gas, hydrogen, clean diesel, etc.)
- Utility policy and regulatory issues
- Emerging energy technologies (energy harvesting, wireless power, distributed nuclear, etc.)
- At least 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Solid quantitative analysis, ability to create forecasts using assumptions gleaned from primary research
- Strong secondary research / information discovery and aggregation skills
- Good interviewing skills
- Technology market research / industry analysis / financial & equity research experience is strongly preferred
Geographic location is flexible.
Please click the link below to apply for this position through our corporate Careers system.