Cleantech Market Intelligence
Qualitative and quantitative assessment of market demand in a particular sector, often involving a number of interviews or surveys among a target market of consumers and business users.
Navigant Research was asked to assess electric utility preferences for smart grid communications technologies and network management services on behalf of our client, a leader in wireless network equipment and systems.
- Partnered with the Utilities Telecom Council and GigaOM/Earth2Tech to field a web-based quantitative survey of smart grid industry participants with screening questions to quality utility respondents who were involved in smart grid deployments.
- Conducted qualitative survey with utility managers focused on utility attitudes and preferences related to the utilization of various wide area networking technologies including fiber, broadband over power line, LTE, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, and 3G mobile networks.
- Qualitative survey included discussion of specific smart grid infrastructure applications for networking technologies, along with probing for an understanding of the organizational decision-making process for technology and vendor selection.
The client used the findings from our research to tailor the messaging in their webinars and marketing materials in their effort to target the smart grid sector for wireless network equipment and services.
A multinational corporation specializing in electricity distribution, automation management, and the production of installation components engaged Navigant Research to test market messaging in advance of a major software launch.
- Identified key target companies
- Interviewed C-level executives responsible for energy management
- Based on insights gained from the interviews, prepared analysis and recommendations related to the market messaging
Navigant Research’s analysis prompted the client to simplify and refine their market messaging in advance of the software launch.