In 2012, plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) will take major strides toward becoming a mature if small component of the overall vehicle fleet. The number of battery electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles sold and the variety of options for consumers will expand rapidly. The fruits of the multi-billion dollar investments in recent years in lithium ion battery manufacturing facilities will provide abundance in capacity that could outpace demand, but any oversupply will not impact vehicle pricing. In order to analyze the impacts of these and other key issues facing the EV industry, Pike Research has prepared a white paper that makes ten predictions about the continuing evolution of the market in 2012 and beyond.
Topics covered in the paper include:
This Pike Research white paper analyzes ten key trends that will influence the development of the electric vehicle market in 2012 and beyond. Conclusions and predictions in this paper are drawn from the firm’s ongoing Smart Transportation research coverage, with forecasts included for key market sectors.
What does this report answer?
- What will be the most important developments in the EV industry in 2012?
- How will the price of EVs impact consumer demand?
- Which regions of the world will advance EV development?
- What will be the driving forces of EV charging infrastructure?
- Will battery manufacturing keep pace with vehicle demand?
Who needs this report?
- Automotive OEMs and suppliers
- Fleet managers
- Battery suppliers
- Charging equipment manufacturers
- Smart grid companies
- Government agencies
- Large employers
Table of Contents
2. Electric Vehicles: Ten Predictions for 2012
3. Additional Reading
4. Acronym and Abbreviation List
5. Table of Contents
6. Table of Charts and Figures
7. Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology, Notes
List of Charts and Figures
- Light-Duty PEV Sales, World Markets: 2012
- Lithium Ion Battery Revenue, United States: 2012
- V2G-Enabled Vehicle Sales, World Markets: 2012
- Workplace EVSE Sales, World Markets: 2012
List of Tables
- Car Sharing Services Offering EVs to Rent