By the end of 2013, nearly 400,000 plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) will be driving on roads around the world. Consumers will be able to choose from a greatly enhanced selection of models in an expanding number of vehicle segments. While the EV industry is rapidly maturing, uncertainty remains about the energy storage technologies that are being implemented to provide varying levels of electrification, as well as about the ability of automakers to execute on the potential of several market segments. In order to analyze the impacts of these and other key issues facing the EV industry, Pike Research has prepared this white paper that makes 10 predictions about the continuing evolution of the market in 2013 and beyond.
Topics covered in the paper include:
- EV charging infrastructure
- Commercialization of fuel cell vehicles (FCVs)
- Investment in electric vehicle batteries
- Global sales of electric bicycles
- Stop-start vehicle battery technologies
- Future prospects for battery swapping
- Sales of PEVs in Europe
- Impact of natural gas on plug-in electric trucks
This Pike Research white paper analyzes 10 key trends that will influence the development of the electric vehicle market in 2013 and beyond. Conclusions and predictions in this paper are drawn from the group’s ongoing Smart Transportation research coverage, with forecasts included for key market sectors.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What will be some of the key dynamics in the EV industry in 2013?
- What will be the most important developments in recharging and paying for electric vehicle batteries?
- Which regions of the world will see the most critical expansion of electric vehicle models?
- How will the expansion of natural gas as a fuel impact the demand for electric vehicles?
- Which industries within the electric vehicle market will see the greatest interest from investors?
Who needs this report?
- Automotive OEMs and suppliers
- Fleet managers
- Battery suppliers
- Charging equipment manufacturers
- Smart grid companies
- Government agencies
- Large employers
Table of Contents
2. Electric Vehicles: 10 Predictions for 2013
3. Table of Contents
4. Table of Charts and Figures
5. Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology, Notes
List of Charts and Figures
- Electric Bicycle Sales, North America: 2012-2013
- Fuel Cell Light Vehicle Pre-Commercial Deployments, World Markets: 2012-2014
- PEV Sales, Germany and Europe: 2012-2013
- DC Charging Station Units by Region, World Markets: 2012-2020
- Annual Global Natural Gas Medium and Heavy Duty Truck Sales: 2012-2019