The intelligent buildings market continues to be the source of innovation in technology designed for commercial facility optimization. Building energy management systems (BEMSs) first emerged over a decade ago as software solutions to minimize utility costs and support strategic business decisions around energy consumption. Today, the market is gaining momentum worldwide, and it remains competitive and fragmented. Customers are still challenged to differentiate between software offerings in a landscape consisting of vastly different vendors and solutions that range across a spectrum of capabilities.
A BEMS is the keystone technology for the intelligent building. The BEMS market has evolved in tandem with the intelligent buildings ecosystem of technologies, including control systems, wireless technologies, and services. This category of software is the vehicle that can translate the increasing array of facility data into actionable information. BEMSs help customers recognize and act on opportunities to improve system performance and behavior that deliver cost savings and business improvements. The business case for these solutions, however, continues to morph as the market begins the journey toward maturation. Increasingly, the solutions that fall under the BEMS category have use cases outside energy efficiency and management, such as operational efficiency, space utilization, productivity, occupant engagement, and sustainability.
This Navigant Research Leaderboard Report examines the strategy and execution of 15 intelligent building solutions providers that are active in the global BEMS market. The vendors are rated on 12 criteria: vision; go-to-market strategy; partners; production strategy; technology; geographic reach; sales, marketing, and distribution; product performance; product quality and reliability; product portfolio; pricing; and staying power. Using Navigant Research’s proprietary Leaderboard methodology, vendors are profiled, rated, and ranked with the goal of providing industry participants with an objective assessment of these companies’ relative strengths and weaknesses in the global BEMS market.
Top 10 Vendors:
1. Schneider Electric
5. Johnson Controls
7. Daintree Networks
9. Powerhouse Dynamics
10. Switch Automation
Key Questions Addressed:
- What is a building energy management system (BEMS)?
- How quickly will the global BEMS market grow over the next decade?
- What are the key trends and barriers for this market?
- Who are the key players in the global BEMS market?
- Who are the Leaders, Contenders, Challengers, and Followers in the BEMS market?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each company ranked in this Leaderboard Grid?
Who needs this report?
- Building energy management system (BEMS) providers
- Intelligent building solutions providers
- Building owners
- Commercial real estate companies
- Energy retailers
- Investor community
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Market Introduction
1.2 The Navigant Research Leaderboard Grid
2. Market Overview
2.2 Market Definition
2.3 Market Barriers
2.4 Market Trends
2.4.1 BEMS Architecture
126.96.36.199 BEMS Use Cases
2.4.2 Growth Strategy
3. The Navigant Research Leaderboard
3.1 The Navigant Research Leaderboard Categories
3.2 The Navigant Research Leaderboard Grid
4. Company Rankings
4.1.1 Schneider Electric
4.2.3 Johnson Controls
4.2.5 Daintree Networks
4.2.7 Powerhouse Dynamics
4.2.8 Switch Automation
4.3.2 Panoramic Power
4.3.3 Building Robotics
5. Acronym and Abbreviation List
6. Table of Contents
7. Table of Charts and Figures
8. Scope of Study and Methodology
8.1 Scope of Study
8.2 Sources and Methodology
8.2.1 Vendor Selection
8.2.2 Ratings Scale
188.8.131.52 Score Calculations
8.2.3 Criteria Definitions
List of Charts and Figures
- The Navigant Research Leaderboard Grid
- BEMS Revenue by Offering Type, World Markets: 2016-2025
- The Navigant Research Leaderboard Grid
- Schneider Electric Strategy and Execution Scores
- Honeywell Strategy and Execution Scores
- Siemens Strategy and Execution Scores
- Trane Strategy and Execution Scores
- Johnson Controls Strategy and Execution Scores
- BuildingIQ Strategy and Execution Scores
- Daintree Networks Strategy and Execution Scores
- IBM Strategy and Execution Scores
- Powerhouse Dynamics Strategy and Execution Scores
- Switch Automation Strategy and Execution Scores
- GridPoint Strategy and Execution Scores
- Lucid Strategy and Execution Scores
- Panoramic Power Strategy and Execution Scores
- Building Robotics Strategy and Execution Scores
- Aquicore Strategy and Execution Scores
List of Tables
- The Navigant Research Leaderboard Overall Scores
- Vendor Scores
- Vendor Scores on Strategy Criteria
- Vendor Scores on Execution Criteria