Ancillary services are the auxiliary services required to balance the grid in order to reliably maintain the electricity grid. Such applications include frequency regulation, voltage support, spinning reserve, electric supply reserve capacity, and load following. Over the next 10 years the market for ancillary services, and the energy storage systems that enable them, will be driven by deregulation of electricity markets in high economic growth markets, such as Asia Pacific, and the growing volatility of load and generation. As a result, the value of ancillary services to grid operators will become more explicit.
Featuring Senior Research Analyst Anissa Dehamna along with John Zahurancik, vice president of AES Energy Storage, this webinar details the key drivers for ancillary services, provides an overview of the market for energy storage for ancillary services, and explores the key characteristics of a service-based energy storage business model, as well as introducing examples that support the business case for ES for ancillary services.
- Growth of the ancillary services market
- Growth of the market for energy storage for ancillary services
- Energy storage technologies for ancillary services
- Next generation ancillary services
- Applications for energy storage in ancillary services
What does this webinar answer?
- What are the macro trends that will influence ancillary services markets and the opportunity for energy storage systems in these markets?
- How large is the market, in terms of megawatts and revenue, by technology and region?
- What are the leading applications for energy storage in ancillary services? How will the growth of these applications vary by region and technology?
- How are service providers commoditizing ancillary services using energy storage?
- What are the benefits of using energy storage for ancillary services, and how do these benefits help providers build a business case?
- What are the “next generation” ancillary services?
Who needs to attend?
- Energy storage technology developers
- Advanced battery manufacturers
- Renewable energy technology providers and project developers
- Utilities and grid operators
- Government agencies
- Investor community