Smart street lighting is being adopted as a spearhead application for smart city initiatives around the world. The next frontier for public lighting is the increasing deployment of controls technology and a transition to citywide platforms for smart city applications. Intelligent controls can reduce the energy consumption of street lighting and additional benefits come from reduced maintenance costs. However, even greater value comes from integrating street lighting with other intelligent systems, including traffic monitoring, security cameras, environmental sensors, and digital signage.
Eric Woods, research director at Navigant Research, will moderate a discussion with Troy Harms, vice president of Infrastructure Sales, and Terry Utterback, vice president, Product Market – Outdoor Controls, from Acuity Brands and Dan Evans, director of Product Management at Itron, on how cities can reap the benefits of a platform-based approach to smart street lighting. The panelists will explore how intelligent street lighting can help reduce energy costs, improve public services, and create a connected city. They will also look at how some cities are overcoming the financial and organizational barriers to adoption.
- Smart cities
- Street lighting
- City platforms
- Urban innovation
- Sustainable cities
What does this webinar answer?
- What are the global drivers for the deployment of smart street lights?
- How are cities using smart street lighting as a platform to deploy other smart city innovations?
- What are some examples of smart street lighting projects and where are they being implemented?
- How are cities addressing the financial and organizational barriers to the adoption of smart street lighting?
- What is the future for smart street lighting?
Who needs to attend this webinar?
- City service providers
- Smart city solutions providers
- Software, hardware, and communications providers