There is widespread consensus that a historic transformation of the utilities industry is now well underway. From the prolific rise of distributed energy resources (DER) to customer empowerment to digitization efforts across the grid value chain, disruptive changes are transforming the way power is produced and consumed globally. Called the Energy Cloud, the result is an emerging grid ecosystem leveraging ubiquitous connectivity, intelligent sensors and devices, information and operation technology, and data-driven machine learning functionality across the grid value chain.
This Navigant webinar explores key megatrends driving change across the global utilities industry and market shifts toward a cleaner, more distributed, and increasingly intelligent grid. Jan Vrins, the Global Practice Leader for Energy at Navigant and Mackinnon Lawrence senior research director at Navigant, along with Richard Kauffman, Chairman of Energy & Finance for New York and Chair of the NYSERDA Board, and Ron Nichols, president of Southern California Edison, explore how the Energy Cloud will affect utility customers, technology trends, business models, regulations, and operations. The discussion was moderated by Karin Corfee, managing director at Navigant, and includes examples of proactive responses and strategic planning best practices related to navigating the energy transformation.
- Energy Cloud
- Grid of Things
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Internet of Energy (IoE)
- Distributed energy resources (DER)
- Transactive energy
What does this webinar answer?
- How will the impacts of clean, distributed, and intelligent energy be felt across the industry value chain?
- What role can and should utilities play in the Energy Cloud transformation?
- How will new market entrants compete with the incumbent utility?
- What role will governments, policymakers, and regulators play in the Energy Cloud?
- What emerging platforms offer new revenue opportunities in the utilities industry?
Who needs to attend?
- Retail energy providers
- Energy management hardware and software vendors
- Smart grid hardware and software vendors
- Energy technology manufacturers
- Investor community