As green building practices have become increasingly commonplace in the global real estate industry, the concept of “zero energy building,” or buildings that are efficient enough to consume only as much energy as they produce (by means such as on-site solar PV), has emerged as the new gold standard for green building design. Although it is a difficult goal to achieve due to financial and technical constraints in many cases, a market is already starting to emerge for zero energy building. As regulations requiring zero energy construction come into effect in Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific over the next few decades, demand for zero energy building will soar.
Featuring research analyst Eric Bloom, of Pike Research, and C.R. Herro, vice president of environmental affairs at Meritage Homes, this webinar investigates the market, technological, and regulatory dimensions of the shift to zero energy. It addresses the long-term opportunity for zero energy building as well as the near-term activity already taking place. Viewers will come away with a better understanding of the overall market opportunity in zero energy construction as well as a sense of the success that several leading firms are achieving already.
- Zero energy building technology
- Design strategies for zero energy building
- Regulatory issues in zero energy building
- Current market activity
- Future market outlook
What does this webinar answer?
- What success has zero energy building design found in the market so far?
- Which countries will have zero energy building regulations in place, and when will they come into effect?
- Which technologies hold the greatest promise to unlock the zero energy building opportunity cost-effectively?
- How are leading vendors and construction industry professionals marketing the benefits of zero energy building?
- How big will the zero energy building market be in the future?
Who needs to attend?
- Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) industry professionals
- HVAC and building equipment vendors
- Building materials vendors
- Green building professionals