Pike Research is estimating that by 2015 the United States will have 667,000 plug-in vehicles on the road, well short of President Obama’s goal of 1 million. The plug-in electric vehicle market (both plug-in hybrid and battery electric vehicles) is finally getting underway in earnest with a number of new models launching. However, the market has been slow to pick up steam as a result of limited vehicle roll-out and production delays, narrow geographic availability, and falling gas prices. While the future remains bright for plug-in electric vehicles, the costs and limited availability through 2013 makes the political goal of one million vehicles on the road by 2015, seem very unlikely.
During this webinar, John Gartner, Research Director, and Dave Hurst, Senior Analyst of the Smart Transportation team will discuss the market for PEVs. The webinar will review the consumer opinion of PEVs, geographic roll-out of the vehicles, electric vehicle supply equipment growth, the impact of fuel prices, battery prices, and the role of government incentives. Finally, Mr. Gartner and Mr. Hurst will discuss how political goals themselves might have an impact on the market and ultimately whether they are important.
Pike Research is estimating that the United States will fall short of President Obama’s goal of 1 million plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) by 2015 the United States. This webinar will review the demand for and supply of PEVs, how fuel prices and battery prices impact the market, and why political goals like these might matter.
- Electric Vehicles
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
What does this webinar answer?
- How fast will the plug-in electric vehicle market grow in the United States?
- What are the key drivers of the PEV market?
- How will fuel prices impact the PEV market?
- How will Lithium ion battery prices impact the PEV market?
- How important is electric vehicle supply equipment to the growth of the vehicle market?
- What does it mean to the market if it falls short of the 1 million vehicles by 2015 goal?
Who needs to attend?
- OEM Automaker Sales Managers
- OEM Vehicle Marketing Managers
- OEM Automaker Supply Chain Managers
- Vehicle Component Suppliers
- Electric Motor Manufacturers
- Battery Manufacturers
- Environmental Transportation Advocacy Groups
- Vehicle Trade Association
- Automobile Charging Station Manufacturers
- Government and Municipal Planning Managers