- Workforce Evolution
- Mobile Applications
- Connected Devices
- Energy Management Devices
- Distributed energy
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Integrated Distributed Energy Resources
- Distributed Energy Technology
Utility Spending for Mobile Workforce Management Solutions Is Expected to Grow to $518.2 Million by 2027
Mobile workforce management technologies can mitigate challenges for utilities through improved operational efficiencies and cost reductions
A new report from Navigant Research
examines the key market trends related to Mobile Workforce Management (MWM)
solutions, providing global market forecasts, segmented by type, category, and
regions, through 2027.
MWM solutions are undergoing a significant transformation as utilities focus on mobility and digitization through proliferation of consumer-grade mobile devices. The value of mobilizing a workforce with devices, services, and applications has been established, but there is room for further adoption of MWM technologies (MWMT) by utilities to expand toward deployment to full capability. Click to tweet: According to a new report from @NavigantRSRCH, utility spending for mobile workforce management solutions is expected to grow to $518.2 million by 2027.
“Despite the challenges of implementing and upgrading MWMT, utilities have already seen the value in these solutions,” says Michael Kelly, research analyst with Navigant. “Developed regions that may have had workforce management solutions are strategically evaluating important upgrades, while those in developing regions are budgeting for initial deployments that will lead to greater efficiencies and cost savings.”
According to the report, Navigant Research predicts the market for MWM solutions in the utility space will see strong growth in the future due to trends in technology like distributed energy resources and prosumer culture leading to flattening demand and revenue profiles for utilities. Through MWM solutions, utilities can mitigate these challenges through improved operational efficiencies and cost reductions, as well as improve worker safety and the overall customer experience.
This report, Utility Mobile Workforce Management Technologies, examines the global market drivers and challenges influencing the deployment of utility MWMT. The study analyzes MWM software and hardware, including systems (license fees, services, maintenance, and software as a service [SaaS]) and devices (laptops, tablets, and handhelds/smartphones). Global market forecasts, segmented by type, category, and region, extend through 2027. The report also examines the key market trends related to MWM, as well as the competitive landscape. An Executive Summary of the report is available for free download on the Navigant Research website.
Contact: Stefanie Bradtner
* The information contained in this press release concerning the report, Utility Mobile Workforce Management Technologies, is a summary and reflects Navigant Research’s current expectations based on market data and trend analysis. Market predictions and expectations are inherently uncertain and actual results may differ materially from those contained in this press release or the report. Please refer to the full report for a complete understanding of the assumptions underlying the report’s conclusions and the methodologies used to create the report. Neither Navigant Research nor Navigant undertakes any obligation to update any of the information contained in this press release or the report.