- Solar PV
- Distributed energy resources (DER)
- Renewable energy
- Market incentives for clean energy
- Competitive procurement
- DER Strategies
- Distributed Renewables
Evolving Market Frameworks for Solar PV in Europe and the US
The European Experience with Feed-in Tariffs, Competitive Procurement, and Self-Consumption with Lessons Learned for the US
Prices for solar energy—both for utility- and small-scale solutions—have fallen rapidly in recent years. European markets played an important role in this development, originally driven by feed-in tariffs (FITs) in Germany and other countries. Recently, most European countries have introduced competitive procurement of renewable energy sources through auctions, further bringing down prices for solar energy. At the same time, small-scale solar often relies on self-consumption and new decentralized business models.
In this webinar, Roberto Rodriguez Labastida, senior research analyst at Navigant Research, and Corinna Klessmann, director at Navigant, will present different approaches to incentivizing solar PV in Europe. They will be joined by Andreas Jahn, senior associate at the Regulatory Assistance Project (RAP), and Aurélie Beauvais, policy director at SolarPower Europe, to discuss similarities and differences in the US market for solar PV. The panelists will also address the challenges of integrating solar PV in the power system and compare regulatory solutions and lessons learned from different regions.
- How has the market environment for solar evolved in Europe and the US in recent years?
- How can regulators devise frameworks to promote solar at the lowest cost?
- What are the lessons learned from increasing shares of self-consumption and community solar in Europe and the US?
- What are the solutions for addressing the system integration challenges of solar PV?
- Regulators, government agencies and policymakers
- Renewable energy technology providers
- Renewable energy project developers and installers
- Solar loan providers
Thanks for registering!
You're all set to join our webinar: "Evolving Market Frameworks for Solar PV in Europe and the US"
August 27, 2019
You'll receive an email with details on how to join.